Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Flames announced today game presentation plans for their 2014-15 home games at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
Glens Falls has experienced AHL Hockey for 25 years but the Flames will bring a new and improved brand both on and off the ice to the region this season, while maintaining several popular features brought to fans by the Adirondack Red Wings and Adirondack Phantoms over the years.
“The Adirondack Flames have committed to improving the game day fan experience at the Civic Center,” Adirondack Flames President Brian Petrovek said. “We want fans to be fired up about not only the product on the ice but also the experience they receive from beginning to end. We appreciate the promotional commitment made by many of our local sponsors to make this all happen.”
Beginning with a new NHL Affiliate in the Calgary Flames, Glens Falls hockey will be rebranded with the red, yellow and black of its parent club. The new Flames brand will feature not only a new logo, but also new jerseys, merchandise and even a new mascot, a scorching hot addition to the Flames family. The team’s new mascot will be introduced to the public within the next two weeks.
The Flames’ game presentation this season will be brought to you by Myriad Productions, which has provided live and post production video services to venues throughout the Northeast for over 25 years. Myriad Productions, which also works with the Times Union Center in Albany and the Saratoga Performing and Arts Center, will allow for the Flames’ in game presentation to reach the next level.
In addition to the new look, the Flames’ in game experience will be a memorable one, with new features including:
• Saturday Night is Hockey Night in Glens Falls, presented by Bud Light. Several local bars and restaurants have partnered with the initiative including Davidson Brothers Brewing Company, The Bullpen, Applebee’s, Recovery Sports Grill, Dango’s Irish Sports Bar, Sandy’s Clam Bar, Humbuggs, Full Moon, Fitzgerald’s, Lawrence Street Tavern, Downtown City Tavern, Sully’s West, Morgan and Company and O’Tooles Restaurant and Sports Bar with the list subject to change. Discounted food and drink specials will be available at these locations before and after the game, with discounted Bud Light Drafts available at the Glens Falls Civic Center through Ovations Food Services during the game.
• Opening Night will include a giveaway to the first 2,000 fans into the building never before seen in our market: A collector coin, sponsored by Team Ferior. The collector coin will offer discounts both inside and outside the Civic Center throughout the season. A full list of coin partners will be released on Oct. 6.
• The Flames’ “Hot Sheet” replaces the Game Day Program to give fans all the information they need to know about the game. The “Hot Sheet” will include free inserts, highlighted by a “Player Card” series. The Hot Sheet will feature
a new, 8 ½ by 11 trading card of an Adirondack Flames player, leading to a complete 38 card set at the end of the season.
• A player autograph table will feature scratched or injured players, accessible during many home games in the Civic Center lobby, to sign autographs and have photos taken.
• Not only will autographs be available, but fans will be introduced to “In-Game Intercepts”, sponsored by Glens Falls National Bank, for the first time. Fans will see a live player interview at the conclusion of warmups every night and a coach interview at the conclusion of each first period. The interviews will be shown live on the Civic Center’s video boards.
• The Flames will also offer unprecedented access to the team’s facilities through locker room and weight room tours, which will be available beginning with the Season Ticket Holder pickup party tomorrow evening from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• A renovated and redesigned Pepsi Ice Box will provide fans with an up close and personal view of Flames hockey, with in-seat food and beverage service.
• The “Zappone Zone”, located at each end of the arena, introduces a fresh look to the steps of the Civic Center and will feature multiple t-shirt tosses during every game.
• The guest relations kiosk, sponsored by 104.5 The Team and 107.1 WGNA, will be run this season by members of the Flames’ staff to service all patron needs.
• A “Spirit Station”, sponsored by Party Palace, will also enhance the in-arena experience and give fans the opportunity to show more of their Flames fire with sign making, face painting and custom balloons.
• The Glens Falls Hockey Hall of Fame returns to the Civic Center, following a three year absence. The Flames will induct a new member into the Hall of Fame on Sunday, Mar. 15.
• The Flames will feature a new craft beer dubbed “Flames Ale”, a product of Adirondack Pub and Brewery, at the Civic Center. The new pilsner ale will give fans another choice of beverage while enjoying the game with a special Flames flavor!
• Heritage Hall will boast several additions, highlighted by the Davidson’s Pub, which will bring the Davidson Brothers craft beer selection into the Maple Room, with select food items as well.
• The Civic Center will, for the first time, feature an indoor fireworks display, held after the New Year’s Eve game, Dec. 31, at 5:30 p.m. The fireworks will be provided by Fireworks by Alonso and will run immediately following the conclusion of the game.
• The Flames will feature live music in the main lobby throughout the season, which will highlight local musical talent. A full schedule of live music performances will be available on the Flames’ website.
• The Flames will honor a “Hero of the Game”, sponsored by U.A. Local 773, who has served or contributed to preserving America’s freedom. Each Hero will receive a gift card to Davidson Brothers Brewing Company on Glen Street.
• The Civic Center’s video boards will also see new and exciting content, with several animations developed to enhance key moments of the game.
• Enhanced in-game promotions will also take place this season, highlighted by a new and improved broomball game. The Flames have top of the line broomball gear ready to provide fans with something to cheer about during intermissions.
In addition to these new features, the Flames will also bring back popular services such as the Mug Club and Heritage Hall pre-game buffet. The "Mug Club" allows season ticket holders discounted beverages for kids and adults, including $1 soda and water and $5 draft beers with a one-time, $5 purchase of a customized Adirondack Flames mug. The buffet, prepared by Ovations Food and Beverages, will run from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday home games and will cost just $14
for all you can eat and drink (alcoholic beverages excluded). The menu will feature new food items never before served at the Civic Center. A full buffet menu is available at adirondackflames.com.
“It’s All About Commitment” for the 2014-15 season, on the ice and around the arena. The commitment shown by the entire Flames organization and the Glens Falls Civic Center’s staff will be reflected in the 2014-15 game night experience.
There are still plenty of great seats available for Opening Night, through a full season, 22 or 12 game plan for the 2014-15 season, in addition to group outings and flex tickets, which are now on sale. For more information, contact the Adirondack
Flames front office at 518-480-3355. Individual tickets for the 2014-15 season go on sale at the Glens Falls Civic Center box office starting Oct. 1 at 10:00 a.m.
Adirondack Flames Hockey • Fired Up